Segment of the Week Rules
Any paid-up member of KVG/KVB/KVK is invited to take part in our on-going challenge. (KVK will take part in the KVG or KVB league dependent on their gender.)
Each week a local Strava segment is nominated Segment of the Week. All you need is a device supported by Strava, such as a Garmin or iPhone or an Android phone, an app and you are away. You will need to join KVG or KVB club on Strava.
1) Rides must be completed on the designated segment between 8am on Monday morning and 6pm on Sunday night. Only rides uploaded to Strava before the 6pm deadline will be included.
2) There will be 4 leagues a year, Jan-Mar, apr-Jun, Jul-Sep, Oct-Dec. Points will be scored for top10 places in each league, everyone taking part in a segment each week will get at least 1 point.
3) Only data on the device belonging to the actual person will be counted, borrowed data from another person, even if you felt you rode “together” will result in instant disqualification from that league period.
4) The league will be divided into Division 1 and division 2. Division 1 comprises the top 20 riders in the previous league. At the end of each 3 month league period, the bottom 4 of Division 1 will be relegated to division 2. The top 4 from division 2 will be promoted to Division 1. League div 1 will be a closed club on strava, that those who earn a place will be invited to join for 3 months at a time.
5) Places in Division 1 must be earned and worked on to be retained. Any rider in division 1 who fails to upload a time 2 weeks in a row will be automatically relegated to division 2. In this case, the person at the top of Div 2 at the time will be a)automatically promoted to Div 1, and b) be given the same number of points as the person 4th from the bottom of Div 1.
6) Any rider joining the league for the first time will be automatically put into div 2.
7) In the case of more than 55 riders in total taking part in the league, a 3rd division will be created at the end of June.
8) Segments are chosen each week, if you have a nomination for a segment please get in touch with Bee, who is always up for nominations. email@example.com