Kent Velo Girls Data Protection Statement
To comply with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDRP) which takes effect from 25th May 2018, this data protection statement sets out how KVG uses members personal data.
The personal data which KVG collects and uses
- Full name and personal details including contact information (ie home address, email address, home and mobile telephone numbers).
- Date of birth.
- Full name and personal details including contact information of the person to be contacted In Case of Emergency (ICE).
- Membership number of British Cycling, British Triathlon Federation or Cycle Touring Club.
Use of personal data
- To circulate newsletters to keep members up to date with club activities and forthcoming events.
- From time to time to issue surveys to gain feedback from members.
- To issue membership renewal notices.
- To allow members to be contacted as part of the day to day administration of the club and to facilitate organisation of club rides and events.
- To hold on file contact information for the person to be contacted in case of emergency.
Sharing of personal data
- Members details are stored on the KVG website as part of the joining/renewal process.
- Access to stored members details is restricted to the Chairman, Treasurer, Membership Secretary and Secretary.
- Email addresses are stored on Mailchimp, the email marketing service. Members can unsubscribe at any time via the link provided.
- Data is not shared with other third parties for marketing purposes.
Security of personal data
- The services of an external professional website provider are retained to implement the appropriate technical measures to protect the club’s website and the personal data of members held within against unlawful processing, accidental loss, destruction, damage, alteration or disclosure.
Criteria used to determine retention periods
- Members personal details are retained for the period of their membership and then deleted.
Members rights under applicable data protection law
- The right to be informed about the processing of your personal data.
- The right to have data corrected if it is inaccurate and to have incomplete personal data completed.
- The right to object to processing of your personal data.
- The right to restrict processing of your personal data.
- The right to have your personal data erased.
- The right to request access to your personal data and information about how it is processed.
Access requests and notification of breaches
- Should be made in writing to the Secretary of KVG.